A step back in time, relive the Gilded Age sport of coaching, and see the coaches as they travel to two historic sites in Lenox and Stockbridge: Elm Court Estate and The Mount, Edith Wharton’s Estate & Gardens. The coaches will also travel through the village of Stockbridge on their way to and from Orleton Farm.
All times given are approximate, and routes and schedules are subject to change.
Saturday, October 8, 2016
Destination – Elm Court Estate
310 Old Stockbridge Road, Lenox
- 11:00 AM Coaches depart from Orleton Farm for Elm Court Estate
- 12:00 PM Arrive at Elm Court Estate – Presentation and commentary of the coaches upon arrival The Whips will host their own picnic lunch for themselves and their guests in keeping with the tradition of picnicking and enjoying good spirits while tailgating at their coaches.
- 1:15 PM – Coaches leave for return to Orleton Farm.
Sunday, October 9, 2016
Destination – Southmayd Farm ( A Private Residence)
- 11:00 AM Coaches depart from Orleton Farm for drive.
- 11:15 AM – Travel through the Village of Stockbridge
- 11:45 AM – Pass and review at Norman Rockwell Museum
- 12:00 Noon– Arrive at Southmayd Farm ( A Private Residence)
- 12:15 PM – Private Luncheon at the Southmayd Farm for coachmen and passengers
- 1:15 PM – Coaches leave for return to Orleton Farm
- 1:50 PM – Return through the Village of Stockbridge
Monday, October 10, 2016
Destination – The Mount, Edith Wharton’s Estate and Gardens,
2 Plunkett Street, Lenox
- 11:00 AM Coaches depart from Orleton Farm for drive
- 11:15 AM Travel through the Village of Stockbridge and on to Lenox
- 12:00 Noon– Arrive at The Mount, Presentation of the coaches upon arrival
- Luncheon at The Mount for coachmen and passengers
- 1:15 PM – Coaches leave for return to Orleton Farm via Highlawn Farm
Daily drives depart from Orleton Farm, 31 Prospect Road, Stockbridge. Upon return to Orleton Farm, cocktails and hors d’ oeuvres will be served for guests of the coach drive. Monday afternoon return drive concludes our Berkshire Coaching Weekend.